- The donation item needed for May is bar soap. There is also a need for spaghetti at this time. Donations can be left in the education wing tote.
- It’s time to start thinking about Vacation Bible School. Our VBS is June 3-7. Don’t forget to mark your calendar. Contact Brock Ward to volunteer!
- Show you appreciation for our dedicated teachers by being involved in one of our small groups. A great place for instruction, interaction, fellowship, accountability, and outreach. They meet each Sunday at 9:45 a.m.
- Any family of a preschooler or baby that has not participated in the dedication service in the past, on Sunday, May 12, you will have the opportunity to dedicate your children to Lord. If you would wish to participate during the morning worship service, please call the church office no later than Wednesday, May 8.
- You and your family are invited to celebrate the wedding of Gabrielle Grider and Kevin Welsh on Saturday, June 1, 2013. the ceremony will begin at 3:30 p.m. at Owenton FBC with a reception to follow at the Owen County Exhibit Building. Please RSVP online at http://gabby-and-kevin.blogspot.com/ or call (502) 484-5052 by May 17, 2013.
- The Youth Committee will be meeting next Sunday (May 5) at 7:30 p.m.
SENIOR SUNDAY – PICTURES NEEDED
- We will be having a special “Senior Sunday” service on Sunday, May 19 at 10:50 a.m. If you have a senior student who will be graduating from high school, college, or grad school this spring and would like for them to be recognized in our “Senior Sunday” service, please turn in 5 to 7 pictures, ranging from birth to graduation, to Bro. Kyle by Sunday, May 12. Thanks!
HIGH SCHOOL LOCK-OUT
- This year’s high school lock-out will be Friday, May 10 from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. We will be taking the students to Louisville to the Renaissance Fun Park for a night of laser tag, go karts, miniature golf, and video games. Afterwards, we will finish the night with breakfast at Waffle House. The cost for this event is $20 per student. Students wanting to go to the lock-out must sign up in the youth room by Wednesday, May 8. If you are an adult who would be willing to help chaperone this event, please see Bro. Kyle. Thanks!